Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Update - Script and Characters

For those who are curious, I will be doing occasional progress updates on creating the first couple of comics. It's your peek into our process, but also a chance for me to share how excited I am about how things are going.

First, I have now received a total of eight amazing character portraits, from the internal line-art team. As a writer, who has been dreaming up stories with these characters for over a decade, it is like magic to me how the artists are transporting characters out of my head, and onto paper. They look exactly as they always have in my mind's-eye.

You're going to love this comic, no matter how good my writing turns out to be. The artists are so professional and gifted, and they totally understand every inch of the world they are creating for you.

The second bit of news is that the script for Issue 0 is finalized, and the script for the first three pages of Issue 1 is as well-- both have been sent to the artists! Now that they have pages to draw, they will be starting in the next week or so. I'm working hard to make sure that I have pages done ahead of when they are needed, so I never slow these geniuses down.

Finally... With the cover artist confirmed, and so many character designs ready, we are very close to an official announcement of the core art team. You should be hearing from me in the next few days-- and the news will appear here first!

2 comments:

  1. ((bounce, bounce)) I'm happy to hear that the project is going so well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What???? No mass postings? Where's the fan base for this fantastic project????

    ReplyDelete

What would you like to see in the next update?