Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Progress Update

Things are moving at a wonderful pace. I'll try not to update too often, so it doesn't get old for you, but quite a bit has happened since my last post.

Manuela now has penciled pages completed for Pages 1 - 3, and I hear I should see page 4 already tomorrow! Her sense of layout, composition, setting, and narrative is only matched by her clear vision for the characters and story.

This has been a great boon to me, on top of being exciting to see. I have decided that for now I will assume that I will be the letterer for the project. One nice result of this is that I have a very natural intuitive venue to edit my dialogue. As I letter, the dialogue improves to more perfectly match the pages. It lets me do a lot of work with pacing, which I like.

I understand that soon, I should begin seeing pages from Michela, as well. (She has fewer pages, due to the structure of the story, so didn't need to work as fast.) I'm excited to see the other side of our story, as then it will all really come together.

We have had a strong response from colorists, and have started to receive some sample work. I hope we can select a colorist in the next two weeks or so, so that they can work on inked pages almost as soon as they are ready.

So far, everything is on track to have Issues 0 and 1 complete by the end of the year, with a preview available late this year. Our hope is to make the preview available in limited quantities in print, for comic shops who are interested, and limited distribution at trade shows. (More on that when the time comes.) We will also probably be releasing Issue 0 online as a preview.

Thanks for paying attention. I can't wait until we can show you the story we are telling-- the artists are doing such amazing work, they make me look like a better writer than I really am.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What would you like to see in the next update?