Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Page 1 by Manuela (and Updates)

I'll keep the progress update as quick as I can this week, to get to the big news:

Last night, I read through 9 pages of Deathlings, and it is definitely coming together nicely. Manuela has pencilled 8 pages, and is most of the way through inking most of those. Michela has pencilled her first page, and I expect to see more in the next few days. I have even done draft lettering on all 9 of the pages we have.

In addition, we are very close to choosing a colorist. We are waiting for some more samples from a few people, and will make our decision as soon as we have those. At this point, we have at least four people who would do a great job on the book, and are in a position to choose the best from those. The book is going to be beautiful.

Enough of that, though. Real progress is progress you can see, not just stuff we can hint about. I'm thrilled to present the first official art from an actual page of the comic, the inks for Page 1 of Issue 1, by the wonderful (and sweet) Manuela Soriani!

(click for larger view)



No comments:

Post a Comment

What would you like to see in the next update?